14-year-old who saved mother and child from burning building gets new home after Angel TV appeal

Must Read

Henry Laryea Adjei, the brave 14-year-old boy who rescued a mother and her child from a burning house, has been rewarded with a new home.

Henry Laryea Adjei

After news of Henry’s courageous act broke, Angel FM’s co-hosts of the Anopa Bofo Morning Show – Yaa Kyera and Appiah Kubi – made appeals for people to support Henry and her mother with accommodation.

The two-bedroom house situated at Haatso was given to Henry and his mother, Linda Adjei by a good Samaritan who heard of his courageous act.

- Advertisement -

Henry disclosed on Angel FM’s Anopa Bofo Morning Show on August 10, that the fire ravaged their electricity meter and he, together with his mother, sleep in someone’s house out of fear after the incident.

But responding to news of a new home, Henry said “I am very excited that someone has shown me this kindness and given us this new house to move into.”

- Advertisement -

Madam Linda Adjei, who accompanied her son disclosed that they are yet to meet the good Samaritan but so far it is the Samaritan’s son that took them to the new place.

Madam Linda Adjei

“He said Henry has done well because not everybody can do that. He said we would never rent again and everything that he has belongs to us also…he has accepted us as family but we are yet to see him except for interactions with his son.”

Recounting the incident Mrs. Adjei said she was at church when she received news that their house was on fire.

“When I got home it was true. I saw two fire tenders trying to quench the fire but the fire had spread to even destroy a four bedroom house. It was later I discovered my son saved some people from the fire.”

She narrated that the fire service personnel were focused on stopping the fire from spreading and therefore did not notice that their meter was on fire. She said Henry noticed it and quickly intervened which won him the applause of the fire officers.

“Our house did not burn but we have no light because the meter burnt. Everybody in the house has moved out due to the incident and I’m left alone with my son so we sleep in someone’s house. The things in my salon were destroyed in an attempt to salvage them while others were stolen”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Most Read This Week

spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

ADVERTISEMENT

spot_img

More Stories For You