Former Black Stars and Newcastle winger, Christian Atsu, has been “pulled from the wreckage” after an earthquake hit the Turkey, a report from the western Asian country has said.
The 31-year-old, and the club’s sporting director, Taner Savut, were trapped under debris for more than 24 hours, since Monday morning’s earthquake, which has so far claimed the lives of more than 4,300 people while 15,000 others have sustained injuries.
Christian Atsu enkazdan canlı olarak çıkarıldı!
— Yağız Sabuncuoğlu (@yagosabuncuoglu) February 7, 2023
The club’s sporting director is reportedly still unaccounted for. But the winger has since been taken to the hospital, as per the club’s manger, Mustafa Ozat’s report.
“I just had another meeting. Christian Atsu was taken to hospital with injuries”.
Turkish reporter, Yagiz Sabuncuoglu told Joy Sports the winger’s health is currently being monitored.
“It’s good news but we’re following his condition because when someone is rescued from under rubble, it means he hasn’t eaten or drank anything. So, the person’s condition is very important after the rescue. That’s why we’re following up with the hospital.