A 70-year-old man has lost his life following a domestic fire outbreak at Sefwi-Adjuafua in the Bia West District of the Western North Region.
The fire incident, which occurred on Saturday, February 14, 2026, destroyed a two-bedroom, one-kitchen residence and claimed the life of the deceased.
According to a statement from the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), the deceased, identified as Kwasi Nkansah, was visually impaired.
The GNFS extended its deepest condolences to the bereaved family and sympathised with the Sefwi-Adjuafua community during this difficult time.
In a detailed account of the outbreak, the GNFS said its firefighters from the Debiso Fire Station responded promptly to the incident at about 1406 hours and arrived at the scene at 1430 hours.
It added that heavy rainfall, poor visibility, and bad road networks hampered their access to the area. However, upon reaching the scene, several household items had already been damaged in the blaze.
Despite the challenging conditions, it said firefighters managed to bring the fire under control at 1436 hours and fully extinguished it at 1503 hours, preventing it from spreading to nearby buildings.
The statement disclosed that the cause of the fire is currently under investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding it.



































































